Thursday, February 11, 2010

One Last Time Tea Partiers: Knock the Crap!

We will know who not to trust come crunch time by watching those who turn coat on Palin now. If I eyeball it, it appears about 30% of the GOP and TEA Party base are staunch diehard Palin supporters. While this may not be enough to win a general election, the potential is surely there for growth. It is encouraging to see Palin's numbers growing across the board even when some of those numbers are dropping slightly in her own ballpark. Why do I say this? I've seen some tweets and some posts bashing Palin lately on conservative sites that used to stand up for her.

I'm not here to name names or point fingers. You know who you are. And if we get back to that 30% number I mentioned, that's the group you are going to need to win in 2012 whether Palin gets the nomination or not. I have a rule of thumb: you bash Reagan or Palin, I'm gone.

I am a lifelong Republican who abides by Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment that thou shalt not speak ill of other Republicans. I realize many I am accusing here are not Republicans, but conservatives, independents and libertarians. But they are all Tea Partiers who need to abide by the same commandment amongst their own unless they want to hand the liberals a victory when the movement fractures.

I don't want to have my belief in the Tea Party movement ruined because some cry babies are pissed that Sarah Palin didn't show up at an event, endorse their candidate or mention their guy's name on her Facebook page. I'm a strong believer that the TEA Party and conservative movements need to infiltrate and take over the Republican party. I'm far from an insider. But you guys are making me nervous about that right about now.

Quite frankly, I don't want to go into battle with a bunch of mealy mouthed flip floppers who throw a tantrum everytime Palin endorses someone they don't like. I'm far from a RINO lover, but I do know one thing about winning elections and that is if the tent is big, you win. I also know that winning requires building coalitions. Sometimes that means accepting people you normally may not always agree with. For me, the only enemies are true liberals, progressives and statists. I'll work with anyone to stop them as long as they work with me.

I keep my mouth zipped about Romney, Newt and Pawlenty and only once slipped about Huckabee and realized later I was wrong. I'm capable of liking and respecting them even if Sarah's my first pick. When we (and I mean the movement) win in 2012, everyone gets into the new administration as far as I'm concerned whether it's top dog, cabinet level or an advisory position. The primaries will determine that. I know your candidates have a shot at winning. Understand that mine does too. Let's be prepared to be united either way instead of being pissed off at each other.

The Tea Party movement has a great future. But on it's rougher edges it can be too rigid and too demanding of those who want to help it. Lest we turn into an angry mob for real and give the liberals what they want, we need to be more careful of what we say and what we do. I'm not saying don't express an opinion, but when you start acting like PDS sufferers, it makes me question whether or not I should go back to the textbook stuff that I learned in college rather than play this thing outside the box.

I know we already have a Reagan. Many others either don't want to accept that or they really genuinely feel that she's not it. That's fine. I'm not asking you to come here today and pledge a blood oath to Sarah Palin. That 30% may not be enough to win a general election alone, but don't think you can win it with just the other 70% either. Just give Sarah a chance instead of chasing her and her supporters away. Look at how far she's come since she was the VP nominee (and she was huge then!).

At some point, I would hope you see the light and join forces in creating the greatest monster the Democrats have ever fought since Reagan. If not, than you still need to figure out what to do with all that lightning in a bottle she has. No offense to any of the other candidates, but if you got somebody that can motivate people more than she can, let me see them. But if you want Palin out of the movement, fess up now so I don't waste any more of my time or yours.

I don't care if you're a Paul supporter, a Huckabee supporter, a Demint supporter or just don't know yet. I'm only going to have your back until I find out you don't have mine.

Don't hate me because I'm a Republican. I'm a very conservative Republican. I respect independents and libertarians. Read my page Fight for the Right and understand not only the tactics, but realize how high the stakes are. You have to stomach John McCain and I have to stomach Rand Paul. Now stop whining. We have a shining city on a hill to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment